Dear PG music friends. This will probably be my last song posted this year. It has been a wonderful year of music sharing and thanks so much to all of you for your support, inspiration, and the wonderful music you've provided to the site this year. In Marin County, one of the most beautiful places in the US, is a little town on the bay called Sausalito. My dad used to have a sailboat there when I was young and the family would sail on the SF bay. I have always considered it a magical place. The first few lines for the chorus came to me while driving (as many ideas have). It turned out to be the same day my father-in-law died suddenly of a heart attack while dancing with his wife (I guess there's something to be said for dying while doing something you love). You may note in the lyrics where I sing "village square". It's supposed to be "Village Fair" which was a multi-story open-air market above the yacht harbor. By the time I realized the mistake, the vocal was done and I was happy enough with it. I decided it may be tricky to fix and that it still made sense, although technically less accurate. I can't access the tracks used by numbers (my old PC is flaking) but it is: 1) Liverpool piano, 2) ac gtr fingerpicking, Nashville?, and 3) B-3 organ. Not sure on the bass and the drums are ezdrummer Nashville EZX. Hope you enjoy the song. Comments encouraged. Take care. Greg

https://soundcloud.com/gjohnson-2/sausalito11bgldvoced1expt

Sausalito

When I’m tired and feeling tangled up in life’s defeats
I often seek my refuge on your bayside streets
And gaze out at the water like my dad once did
On those sunny days together when I was just a kid

Sausalito, Sausalito, you bring a freedom to my mind
And set my memories reelin’ back to simpler times
There’s a melancholy sweetness in the heart of your embrace
Sausalito, you’re my kind of place

Looking down upon the harbor from the Village Fair
I think about my first true love I kissed right there