Hi Bob

Answers to my situation interspersed with your questions below:

Originally Posted By: jazzmammal
This is very interesting because I've seen similar behavior too. Just some thoughts, no solution yet.

1. Are you playing a downloaded midi file or is this a Biab generated song?

A: Neither. I am using my own MIDI tracks. It is a backing string cello arrangement that I recorded myself.

2. Is it only with Kontakt or have you tried playing the same song file using other synths?

A: I can play the track to any number of synths, including an external Ketron, but the volume problem was only with Konkakt.

3. Are you generating or regenerating some tracks using Biab styles?. When Biab generates a song it will put in CC7's for dynamics and presumably those will change every time a track is regenerated.

A: No, I'm not generating/regenerating. It is my own user-recorded track

4. Is this only with midi tracks or does it happen with RT's or other audio tracks?

A: Only with MIDI tracks, and only with Konkakt.

5. Does Session strings create string sections and is that what you're using, sections as opposed to single violin parts? Could it be possible that the different parts of a string section will have different volume settings that could be automatically varied by Kontakt for realism? This would be similar to how Biab will slightly vary each regeneration of a song.

A: I use Session String to play individual instruments rather than Ensembles. I generally create/record multiple string harmonies though - 3rd's, 10th's, 5th intervals etc, the same way as the string section in an orchestra would play (Violins, Violas, Cellos etc). Pre-arranged Strings Sections can often sound 'synthy'.
A sample of how I do string arrangements is in Autumn Pulse, a song I composed earlier this year.

I don't know these answers, just throwing stuff out there.

Bob

I believe that the problem is actually solved. It's directly related to the internal attenuation settings of the Konkakt player, and the images I posted previously show where it happens and how to resolve.

Thanks anyway Bob for your input.

Regards

Trevor

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones