Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
Alyn,

I liked that song quite a bit, for a variety of reasons!

First of all, it sounded very "Beatle-esque" to me. Naturally, to anyone my age, that's a very good thing!

Next, I liked the high pitch of your voice in this song. For some reason it added to my perception of this as a fond memory... perhaps because some people resort to a higher voice when they talk fondly to their pets, children and spouses. Speaking of which, sorry to hear about Skit. I know that feeling.

I also liked the cadence of your verses. It wasn't a strictly defined meter, and the fact that you had to speed up to fit it all in reminded me of how many people speed up when talking about something that excites them. At other places you slow down, which reminds me of the way people might dwell a little longer on a pleasant thought before moving on to the next one.

The topic of a highly memorable vacation with a special person is perfect fodder for a love song, and this song did a good job of communicating to the listener how that might feel.

Great opening line! And good imagery! You took me there in my mind!

I thought it was interesting the way your LALALA led so easily into the sax solo.
I liked the way your voice transitioned from singing voice to lilting voice at the last "you loved me all through the night"

Good song and great chord progression! Thanks for posting!

All that Pat says and more --This song is "the kind of thing you never, ever wanna forget" I think Alyn has written and performed the perfect "Gibson" song.

Charlie

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.