SonusProject

Good morning.
My daughter asked me to write a song for her wedding to be used for the father/daughter dance and this is it. This is my first attempt at creating a song with BiaB. This is also my first song with lyrics and vocals. I am not a singer and primarily write solo piano pieces.

Here is the Setup:
C_SHANIA.STY Shania - Contemporary Country Ballad, set tempo to 100 bpm
RealDrums=NashvillEven16^2-SideStck,HHat
RealDrums=BluesRockFunky16ths^1-HHSnr,HHSB
663:Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm SouthernRock Ev 085
664:Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm SouthernRock Ev 085 (A:fpick)
665:Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm SouthernRock Ev 085 (B:strum)
1827: Bass, Electric, PopModernGrooveA-B Ev16 075
1826: Bass, Electric, PopModernGrooveSync4s Ev16 075 (Left Hand Piano)
Instrument: 6 Electric Piano 2

I use Cakewalk Sonar as my DAW. So, I wrote the solo piano piece first. Took the chords (verse, chorus, bridge) and put them in BiaB separately and saved into different files. I even took these files and created several version so I could get the correct builds in energy and fills that I wanted for specific areas of the song.
As I created these sections, I used the drag and drop feature to put everything into Sonar. I also regenerated the sections multiple times to get different feels. In Sonar I then did a bunch of cut and paste, grabbing just the sections I wanted and spliced them together.
I split the piano from BiaB into Right hand and Left hand. For the left hand I put the 1826 Bass into the Guitar section of BiaB. It created a great syncopation against the Piano that BiaB created. I then combined these with my solo piano playing.
I have posted two versions on my website. The complete song with vocals and the complete song as just an instrumental to really show what I was able to create with BiaB and Sonar along with my solo piano piece.

Best Regards,
Lance