That is my point exactly! We each get to chose what we feel is ethical. But because we are not bothered by it, does not change the legality, and morality of it. Still what one person does is not my concern, and in the long run affects me very little. Just chose to abide by the laws to the best of my ability.

Like i said above i do have a collection of cover song midi files. I have never used them except for my personal enjoyment at home, or to play at a venue that is legally licensed for cover work, like Street Jelly and i always abide by turning in a set list at the end of any show. Mostly I chose to strip them down and re-work them to be unique. I almost always strip the melodies out, and use the basic backing tracks for track beds to add RTs, or personally played tracks to.

free will is a big responsibility i guess. Peace to all and have a great day. Make music!

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.