Originally Posted By: RichMac
It's fabulous Herb. My idea of country. I could listen to it over and over.
Love the super sparse bass and the way the backing cradles the lyrics and voice.
Missed version 1 but don't expect to hear more enjoyable country than this for a good while. Cheers.

My type of music too Rich.... and I do listen to it over and over.... I still am in awe of the amazing job the real tracks can do.... the piano especially simply blows me away..... with the fills in it from square one....

You mentioned the bass. In my OP, I said there was a ton of detail work in this.... you nailed one of the tracks that has a bunch of detail in it. This was not the original bass track that came with the style. I changed it several days into the project due to "nits" I had and couldn't seem to fix in the original. Even this one had issues. I ended up doing quite a bit of audio editing to get this track to do what I wanted. There were some "busy" runs that didn't sound good that I needed to edit out..... waaa laaa....

The first version..... for those who didn't hear it.... had a much more pronounced high end.... lots of cymbal range freqs that were just a few db too high... crisp is good, but this was a bit too much....I dropped the highs just a few db from 1200hz and up.... and a few words were changed... not much different from this version.

Thanks Rich

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.