Originally Posted By: Robh
Herb, old friend, i have watch your journey for quite a while now, and i just have to say that you write very exceptional music. i have enjoyed many of your songs over the years. "Footsteps in the hall" is a personal fav. "Missing person" another good 'un. This one sets right in there. Well done, very full sounding and rich. I guess the best compliment i can offer is that your songs inspire me to write. I just wish i had your writing skills you say things well. Another artist here that i really enjoy is Floyd Jane, and i put your offings right there with his. Not to say there are not others here that are good, but to me you two stand out. From the early days over at MC it's been a fun ride!

Keep it up. Rob

The old days at MC... those were some heady days.....tons of fun and we sure learned some things over there about recording well with minimal software.

Man, I'm almost speechless on the comments.... It's really touching to know that my writing inspires you to write..... thank you.

I played "Footsteps" at a live mic night some time back with another writer (NSAI Raleigh chapter member and a few other writers) After we left the stage, my friend's pop was there and could not stop talking about "footsteps"... obviously, he liked it a lot too. It's also one of my favs.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.