Jesus H. McChrist, "guitarhacker", your lyrics, man, your lyrics! This is what people mean when they talk about "poetry set to music". I don't think I've ever been anywhere near a town of only 300 people in my entire life, but after listening to the lyrics in your song, "Dust on the Floor", I feel like I spent at least a day in one.

I am really, truly impressed by this, "guitarhacker", and I haven't even mentioned the music. It's so nostalgic-sounding that it could bring tears to the eyes.

Do you ever take your songs "out into the world" beyond BIAB users to see what kind of response you'd get? If I had written "Dust on the Floor", man, I am tellin' you right now, I'd be knockin' on doors, hard and long, until SOMEBODY opened up, for sure. You deserve the reward that could come about as a result of the inspiration and obvious hard work you put into this song.

I agree absolutely with "MarioD" concerning hearing Willie Nelson taking a shot at this, but he dang well better turn the mike over back to you after he's crooned a verse or two, 'cuz your own vocal is inseparable from my experience of listening to this recording.

-bluage-

Last edited by bluage; 01/29/15 11:39 AM.

"Music is what feelings sound like."-- borrowed from a Cakewalk Music Creator forum member, "Mamabear".