Wow! Lots of thoughts on this one...

1)
Quote:
A love song I wrote for Anne-Marie's birthday.

As awesome as these words of love may be (and they are very compelling) the REAL love song is your life together. The words only describe what already is.

2)
Quote:
Although her birthday was last year, I finally came up with the song this year grin

she doesn't have a birthday this year too? wink

3)
Quote:
For MIDI tracks we usually use the Forte DXI but this time I needed a piano that would sound a little bit sharper, so I decided to use the Musyng Kite light soundfont along with the BassMidi SF2 soundfont loader. Finally I rendered the MIDI tracks with the program SynthFont.

that worked out very well! The piano is perfect for the tune!

4) I really liked the guitar decoration in the middle. Sometimes such passages don't work in the context of the song, but this one was spot-on!

5) I always enjoy your chord progressions.. they are never cookie cutter duplications of a hundred other songs, and they always perfectly match the mood of the song!

6) Harmony is very good... I don't see any mention in your introductory details... did you get Anne-Marie to sing on her own birthday present??

7) I thought the lyrics were very touching... expressions of exactly the sort of thought process that we all go through when we stop thinking of ourselves as one, and progress to the realization that a couple can be understood as a singular entity. Your choice of words here is a good example of that:
Quote:
I'm (singular) getting closer now to ourselves (plural), to who I (singular)could be

8) this line is the clincher: when you find somebody who enables your understanding and makes life more alive and comfortable than it once was... that's what puts the love in the love song!
Quote:
What I never knew, is what I've come to find in your presence
Learn to feel at ease with myself. Letting days go by

9) Rob, every single time I hear one of your songs I am surprised all over again by the quality of your voice! You were born to sing and write songs! You've found your niche!

In summary, I think this is a beautiful song by any standard... but as a love song it sparkles like a diamond! If these words are a true indication of your feelings, It sounds like the two of you were destined to be together!

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!