Quote:
Enjoyed listening to It Feels Good When I Stop. You have a good feel for arrangement. Very much enjoyed the sax and horn work. Not much has been said about your singing but I enjoy hearing your voice and really like the way you mix your harmony backing tracks. VERY tasteful. The harmonies augment your vocal without over powering the vocals or intruding into your song.

Thanks, Jim. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

I don't know if I should admit this blush , but part of the reason the harmonies are back in the mix is the fact that I'm using a harmonizer and not singing my own harmonies. Experience has taught me that if the harmonizer is too up front it sounds more like a robot and less like a human voice, so I tend to mix the harmony quieter than I perhaps would if it was an actual human voice.

Quote:
Well constructed and performed.
Only one small thing.
I would cut back the brass over the vocal.
Good work.
Rob.

Thanks, Rob. This tune was a bit of a pain to mix because of all that is going in. Perhaps the horns tend to bury the vocal in some spots.

Quote:
Dan,

THOSE HORNS!!!knocked me sideways in a good way, brilliant!!
Then the sax solo.

Oh my a wonderful almost Motown sound

WELL DONE!!
Thoroughly enjoyed that

Alyn

Thanks, Alyn. I'm pleased that you found it enjoyable.

Quote:
This is one that is over the top. Horns can be such a challenge but when done right they make such a difference. In this case you nailed it. All your hard work really paid off. I hope your mother stays on your case about playing the sax more. (Mother's Day coming soon, so maybe another one on the way?????)

Good vocals too. This was a good write, performance, arrangement and mix. Very enjoyable. I'll be going back for more listens.

Charlie

Thanks, Charlie. Perhaps a Mother's Day song with some saxophone would be in order. I know Mom would sure like it. smile