the message, the vocal, the signature guitar and the
production. The message is neither maudlin nor
didactic -- as with all aspects of the production
it hits the sweet spot. Outstanding.

J&B

Thank you both for one of the best reviews I have ever gotten. Tom
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Hey Tom,

I don't know if you like the word "vibrant" as much as you like the word "poignant" but it was the first one that appeared in my mind after I clicked the 'play' icon so I'm putting it out there smile

This is such a good write. As Herb has pointed out, it's a challenge focusing the lens of creativity onto a given topic and working within the walls of that room. You've acquitted yourself real well!

For what it's worth, I didn't hear these lyrics as 'preachy' in any way at all. The second verse with all its questions really diffuses the potential for preachiness. In addition, using first person plural when you ask the questions has both a personal and yet inclusive feel. The phrase "skilful craftsmanship" sums it up perfectly!

I also really liked that odd numbered bar you added in the chorus (at least it felt like an odd number!). It really made me sit up and pay attention!

All in all... terrific (and then some).

All the best,
Noel

Noel, you are right. Vibrant is another great word. I did add an extra bar to the otherwise straightforward progression. I'm happy you brought attention to it. Sometimes it's the littlest things that can help to improve a song. I'm also glad you didn't find it preachy. Thank you very much for always taking the time to express your thoughts in detail. Tom