Originally Posted By: 44Aceman
Fantastic song, really nice, well done. I wanted it lift at one point, like a different feel of a bridge or something, but that was only me playing along in my head thinking where I would go next.
It's solid, everyone is right. I don't like strings much in things but they give this depth like the movie theme comment indicated.
I also thought of Ronnie Dunn, not comparing or saying that you're doing his "style" I love the guys music and voice, he could power ballad the hell out of this. I hope you know that these are all compliments, please consider me as a writing partner on a project sometime, I would be honored. btw, what's your impression of the new Jason Isbell record, personally I wanted more full band 24 Frames type songs so it's taking awhile to sink in, Speed Trap Town caught my ear.

Kenny

Thanks, Kenny... if you run into Ronnie, don't forget to mention this is waiting for him! HA! The new Isbell album is good - not as good as the last one, but better than most everything else - been listening to it more than anything else... the new Alan Jackson is good. The new Kacey Musgraves is excellent. If you get the chance to see Jason in concert, don't miss it - they put on a great show. We'll talk...

Originally Posted By: olemon
Has to be one of the best - if not 'the' best - of your vocal performances.

As for the song, it's one of those that makes me smile and shake my head in admiration.

Clever and poignant.

'...on my behalf....' Cha-ching!

Standing ovation:)

Thanks, Scott.... nice to see someone mention that "behalf"...