Originally Posted By: 90 dB
TA - Love it! Really like that guitar work too!

Regards,

Bob
Thanks Bob, Love the applause! Tom
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
The harder we laugh The deeper we cry
I always try to hold it back but we both know I'm not that guy

Just a few of the lines I absolutely love in this song!! This is great!! Nice, easy, flowing beautiful, simple and singable melody, great heartfelt, sweet but not sappy lyrics, great vocal delivery and great supporting guitar work. Lately, you really remind me of John Hiatt Tom (another one of my favorites). Wonderful work, all the way around!! Take care. Greg
Greg, Thanks for all the nice things you say about these songs. I haven't heard much Hiatt, but I will be checking him out now. Tom
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Tom,
What I like most about this one is the melody - especially the chorus - so, delightfully singable... All of the lyric falls on the ear well..

And a fine, strong vocal. (nice harmonies, too!)

I think we are all beginning to take your arrangement/production for granted. There is never a mis-step. But, man! the chorus on this explodes! The power chords mixed with that super-cool guitar walkdown - nice!
The piano sits nicely. It's kind of unfair what you can do with that steel... subtle...perfect...

A couple of listens and this is stuck in my head.

floyd
floyd, This song started because I was regenerating that baritone guitar when that walk down occurred. I froze it and dragged two more tracks in to nudge forward to the appropriate choruses. Then I doubled them on my guitar. So it was Brent's doing. Don't ya just love that guy? Thanks for mentioning the prosody and the vocal. Tom