Originally Posted By: HearToLearn
Whoa! I read all the lyrics (which were incredible!) first. Then I listened to the song before reading comments. I was thrown like you wouldn't believe! I fell into the rhythm of the lyric and thought it was actually more upbeat!...along the lines of the pawnshop song. WAS I EVER WRONG!...I shall change my signature from "I may be wrong" to "I was SO wrong!"

That being said, solid writing all the way around. I feel pressure for you though. I just always expect "great!"

There something about it that reminds me of the song "If"? Crazy? Anyway...

I do have one small critique if you would like to hear it. I wasn't sure if you were posting as a showing, or looking for comments?

If you would like that to be private, feel free to PM me.

As far as naming it...it will come to you. Give it time. (Sarcasm of course) I love it when you can name a song so simply, and powerfully!

Thank you for the share. It was amazing to witness your work again!

Caaron - Thanks... "If" - that was such a cool song - haven't heard it in a long time... I actually began this as an up-tempo thing - that might explain why your read put that in your head. Typically a lyric that can work as both slow and fast has an advantage...

I am always open to any critiques - it is good for everyone when someone questions any aspect of the songs or productions that are posted - someone might learn something - so, fire away..any time... if I find it valid, I will likely change things... if I find it lacking for some reason, I will tell you why - can you handle a critique of your critique smile

Originally Posted By: PatrickH
Floyd,
That was really quite awesome.

By the way, great choice to do the tempo nice and slow like you did. I could not imagine it fast, much less half-fast. (couldn't resist the pun as your "half" theme inspired me). Great write and arrangement.

Thanks, Patrick. Appreciate it. (isn't about time we hear another from you?)

Originally Posted By: PeterF
Just adding another excellent.

Thanks for that, Peter...