Floyd,

Your advice is ALWAYS welcome, and your kind comments appreciated. I really need to set up some monitors - all I've got to work with at the moment are headphones, monitors would have to help. Referencing your remarks if I redo this will be a priority and very useful.

Quote:
Did miss the Don Rich freight train fender guitar and high harmony that would have cemented the Buck Owens sound.

Charlie - Yes, that is exactly what I had in mind. Don Rich harmonies and the "Buckaroos" would be the ideal. I'm going to experiment with BGVs, as I would like to include them in most of the songs I put together, anyway.

I really think a female lead vocalist rendition would be even better for this song, given the lyrics. (like a Janice Merrit smile )But for the time being I have my hands full trying to learn to properly record a male vocal.

Herb,

Thank you for your most excellent advice as well.

I realize this doesn't fit today's sound - and retro is kind of what I had in mind, I guess. I love the old stuff, and don't listen to much mainstream (modern) country today. Maybe I should, and try to update my approach to writing.

I appreciate your help!

Last edited by Curt Young; 09/07/15 06:00 AM.