I opened my mail to find a BMI royalty statement with a check from airplay of one of my songs in a number of TV shows and films. At first I thought several songs were involved but it does appear that all this was from one song in particular.

I remember writing this in a group of several other similar styled songs. It was not, and still isn't one of my favorites in that group, however, apparently, what do I know?

This is the song that was used by film & TV

While the sun shines

Here's the details as I can best determine them. There was one song that was used. It was used, however, in at least 4 different places.

2 Canadian documentary style shows that aired on the HISTORY CHANNEL and also on the H2 channel. The shows are:
10 things you didn't know about civil rights .....and 10 things you didn't know about Texas.

These 2 shows placed over 30 cues between them.

The other shows were on the REELZCHANNEL in the following shows:
Beverly Hills Pawn and Hollywood Hillbillies with 30+ cues between them and in 3 episodes of Hillbillies. Close to 70 total cues placed in these shows.

The cues generated anywhere from 4 cents per play up to $7.63 per cue depending on the length of time the song was played in the show. 60 cents came from Canada and 6 cents from the UK.... go figure....

The song is 100% Real Band tracks mixed in Sonar.

Last edited by Guitarhacker; 09/22/15 04:33 AM.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.