Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Tom,

I've listened to that opening phrase a dozen times. The side-by-side of guitars and piano is spectacular!

Your writing is going through the roof! I'm reminded of Tom Douglas...Allen Shamblin... If I were to copy my favorite lines, it would pretty much be the whole song. The melody deserves as much recognition as the lyric.

Not to mention your vocal...well, okay, let's mention that... So very perfect for this song. A delight to listen to.

Back-to-back #1's. What's in the water down there???? Send me some!!!

floyd

Adding to what Floyd said, I'd like to mention that chord progression! The way it interacted with the piano RT in terms of the embellishments when you weren't singing... Wow! it had the same effect on me as the piano accompaniment to Bonnie Raitt's "I Can't Make You Love Me"...

I thought that was a very thought provoking and touching work. I'm very, very impressed!

Thanks Pat, Much appreciated as always. Tom
Originally Posted By: c_fogle
You're turning out some amazing stuff lately. Really enjoyed this.

Charlie
Charlie, That is a wonderful compliment. Thank You. Tom
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Will we take all this knowledge to the problems that we face
It's a long hard road were looking at without wisdom and a little bit of grace

WOW, that just killed me!!!

I had copied the "We weren't anything like rich" for 4 lines to paste but then I was knocked out by the lines above. Being a tech moron, I couldn't do both. This is absolutely wonderful! I'm not sure if you have a bigger fan than me but they can't be much bigger. This may be your best (though I just listened again to "Damn it sure is hot" and love that as well). I'm often criticized and mocked for my worrying about the future and longing for elements of the past, and in that regard it feels good to have a kindred spirit. THanks! You are an amazing person, Tom, and an amazing writer. I'm loving what you're doing! Take care. Greg
Brother Greg, You have managed to capture the essence of this song. Worrying about the future while longing for the past. Perfect observation. Thanks for all the wonderful things you have said about my songs. Tom