Originally Posted By: Musiclover
What a good song Noel, I really enjoyed listening and following the chords on the video.

Nice catchy chorus, a song that could be used in lots of different ways, just listening to, or film.

When I look at the chords I am amazed at the complexity of them, and how you were able to weave a nice melody line around them, curious to know Noel how you came up with the melody, did you have it first, and then just work out the chords for it, or put in chords and work out the melody line from them?

A most enjoyable listen Noel and the video is brilliant in showing us the chords and how its done.

Take care
Musiclover

Hi Musiclover,

Thanks for popping in.

This song was inspired by a minor-sounding loop I listened to over and over and over. I've found that if I repeatedly listen to a loop of music, around 2 to 8 bars, sooner of later words start coming to mind and sometimes those words can lead to lyrics. In this case, they did.

Originally this song began in the key of G minor because that was the key of loop. The chord progression for bars 3 - 10 came first and I built the melody around it simultaneously as I developed the lyrics. Then, when I got to the chorus, I thought it might be useful to give it a musical lift and so I went to G major (like the Cilla Black song, "You're My World"). Bars 3 - 10 are chords I, IV, V in the minor key and these are paralleled by chords I, IV, V in the major key in bars 19 - 26. Bars 11 - 18 were the last to be added and they came about when I was looking at extending the song. Essentially they are a transitional bridge where I'm travelling from the minor-key verse to the major-key chorus.

Thank you for taking the time to have a listen/watch. I appreciate it.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024