Originally Posted By: gibson
floyd
Quote:
i've walked my way across mexico
safaried the african plains
sailed the mediterranean
seen most of hemingway's spain

What a set of lyrics to start a song!
This is up to your normal professional standard with beautiful singing and an excellent production.

to paraphrase your closing remark
Keep at it laugh

Alyn

Thanks, Alyn. If only all "start lyrics" would come as easily as those did... they sort of just "fell outta somewhere"...(they did come from Buzz's stories - he actually did all that stuff...)

Originally Posted By: tommyad
floyd, That beach under the Ruins in Tulum is one of the prettiest places I've ever seen. I have been there several times. This is another gorgeous production and write. There is great melancholy and beauty in this song. I had to listen many times to the fourth chord in the intro. There is a clash with the bass and guitar that at first sounded quite odd, but I have grown to like it as it sets a tension up to dive into the 1 chord for the beginning of the 1st verse. I don't hear that one off note when that bar is repeated during the verse as the guitar plays the chord in a different position. I know this is being really picky. I know you are a perfectionist and I'll bet this didn't go unnoticed. So did you also grow to like way the intro hung on that clashing chord before it resolved? I hope these comments don't detract from the fact that I really love the song and am going back for more. All these words about one little chord choice. What the hell is wrong with me? Another Great Song! Tom

Tom - I mentioned earlier that I have changed the bass line to not walk down to the B, since the fingerpick guitar would not do it - and so clashed because it stayed on the C#... should have done it to start with, but you know how easy it is to "move on"...

When we were in Tulum in '81, the ruins weren't a tourist site (as they are now) - they were "just there" to walk around if you wanted... we camped in pup tents on the cliffs above the beach about a half mile south... there was a small thatched "gazebo" with a grill where some guy would cook whatever fish the locals caught that day - each night for dinner - our one meal each day, since there was nothing else there... heaven - best grouper I've ever had in my life! It would be tough to find anything like it anywhere in the world anymore...