Originally Posted By: gibson
floyd,

Quote:
I've been in prisons twice.
I thought bloody hell! then I read the rest and life returned to normal.

The solo fits REALLY well and I like the RT 836, perfect for the song.
Was it really that long 'cos it passed so quickly? So on my 3rd listen

Vocals, production etc are perfect but the lyrics are incredibly thought provoking, really intense and paint a dark picture.

I visited some-one in a high security prison in Oxfordshire UK years back and this song brought that memory back. The barriers, the thorough search, including my mouth, and the looks from both sides, the wardens and the inmates checking me out. Scary stuff.
Then I met the inmate, a cousin of the then girlfriend who had got caught up in the heat of a pro-life demo and had firebombed a scientist, but he had no regrets.
She soon became my ex-girlfriend.
Not my life, no way.

This song says it all,

Well done, floyd, well done

Alyn

tee-hee smile figured that was a good way to pull ya in! Some memories are incredibly vivid... thanks for the listen and the nice comments..

Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
Well that was a fun listen of a haunting subject here on Halloween Day...

You have taken an interesting view different from the normal isolation, jail break themes we expect from a song about prison.

You call it EYES but it's really FEAR. That becomes obvious when the guard enters the room and the room is blanketed by silence.

Unusual, but high impact. This song would work really well with a video to visually drive the 'implied' fear into the viewer.

A great video/audio to be shown in schools across our nation.

It's a good write, mix and production. This song fit your vocals really well - your prison visit seems to have left a lasting impression....

Thanks, Charlie. The world is a lot scarier place than it was back then... seems like we all see so much grit all the time now we become immune...