Originally Posted By: gibson
Nice to hear you back!
Absolutely superb song, as usual.
Nice rhythm from the Celtic-reel acoustic.

Another great song from Steve

Alyn

Thanks, Alyn! I like that Celtic-reel acoustic sound too.

Originally Posted By: SRP
Hi Steve,
I like what you did with this song and I love your lyrics.
Great production all around and a very moving song. Your vocals are right there! Very enjoyable song!
Sonny

Thank you, Sonny! Glad you enjoyed this one.

Originally Posted By: dcuny
I always look forward to your posts, and as usual, this song doesn't disappoint. Solid production, with nice flourishes that keep it interesting.

Thanks, David! Always good to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to listen and comment.

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Steve...

Always great to see your name pop up! Means we are in for a treat.

[Thanks for checking in on "Shadow Of A Man" - and the nice comments. It's had a good run, so I did not want to bump it again..]

What a solid song! Nice tight, uncluttered songwriting. Nice sing-able melody. Overall, once of your best (among so many good ones).

Your vocals are always so well done! Sweet harmonies!

(Generally your productions (which as I have said before are the reason I bought BIAB - a forever thank you for that!!!) have RTs that I have not considered... this time, you have gathered a bunch of my favorites...The only one I haven't used before is the RootsRockTremolo - and it just happens I am using in a song I'm working on now...so maybe I'm catching up! smile )

Man! you are so good at putting this all together. Always bringing things in at the right time - in the right way... Your stops and holds are done so seamlessly, naturally - which, at times, takes some effort.

What is the effect @ 1:30?

Nice job with the solos - works nicely under the vocal going out (I'm a fan of that use of a solo...)

Terrific work. As always. I hope that you will eventually find more time to share more of your work with us...

floyd

Thank you Floyd. You are too kind! I really appreciate your generous comments.

The effect at 1:30 is a retro-synth I have in Logic Pro-X. Actually, I was inspired to use that sound by an old Townshend song that the Who did. He used a lot of that kind of stuff. Even though this song is a totally different style, I thought it would fit in there. Glad you like this one. I always appreciate hearing from you!

===

Steve

Steve Young
Music
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of." - Robert Schumann