No, not me, I'm not old enough (or rich enough). It's a piece of equipment that has served me faithfully for over 40 years.

Back in 1975, I was young, and had little money. I'd moved out of home and badly needed something to play music on. I scrimped & saved and finally got enough money together to buy myself a "sound system." I opted for a Sanyo system, that included an AM/FM radio (FM virtually unheard of in those days,) a turntable, and two (count 'em) TWO speakers. And a microphone input AND headphone jack. It was a piece of furniture- imitation wood grain and imitation brushed stainless steel. (these days it would be called a gramophone.) The following year I saved up & bought the tape (cassette) deck that was part of the "system."

Over the next years I used it at every opportunity, playing vinyls, cassettes, recording, and listening to the radio.

Over the years, the tape deck died, as did the turntable, and I replaced the speakers with better ones. But the tuner still worked fine.

Years later when I got back into music and got into Band In A Box, I used the tape deck input as an amplifier. When I finally bought a "real amp" I only used the Sanyo to listen to the radio, or to listen to TV (a stone age "theatre system.")

However, today I decided to put it out to pasture. I had a spare sound system that I installed into my music room, hooked it up to the TV, and can now listen to the radio without any static or hum.

But I couldn't bring myself to toss it into the rubbish (just yet?) I put it into my rack where it can sit & enjoy its retirement.
Sentimental... yes
Hoarder yes.
But every time I look at it I can remember the many hours that it has served me so well.

Enjoy your retirement, Mr Sanyo.

Has anyone else got any old equipment that they use regularly? (pre 1970 Fenders or Gibson's don't count grin)

Cheers,
Keith