Originally Posted By: David Snyder
Tommy,

This is truly a great song, in all ways. Superb energy, great lyrics, great song form and rising chorus, great production, great everything. It sounds like a hit to me, and genuinely, I really love it.

I am interested in why you chose the loops for the drums and bass as opposed to Real Tracks. Can you tell me more about where those loops came from, how you got them, why you them them etc. I am asking because I am trying to learn all I can about production and the various tools out there.
David, Thanks for the very fine review. Real Drums is far and away the best choice for ease of use and great sound. I have been experimenting with Multitrack Drum files. They give me another tool. Sometimes you can mix them with Real Drums and get the best of both worlds. The bass loops offer slides, string noise, lots of different intros and endings. I have been working on something that combines bass loops, Real Track bass parts and Live bass playing. I try to get them to all have the same or at least similar sound. Then they are loaded on three separate tracks and comped to one single bass line. Be warned building loops can be rewarding but it is very very time consuming. There are tons of loops for sale on the net. Logic and Garageband are loaded with them and companies like Big Fish Audio have great sounding loops. Be careful of their licensing requirements. Logic Pro X also has a very powerful and great sounding Drummer feature that allows you to build customized drum tracks and fine tune them along with drum kits that you can tune. There are a lot of other tools out there that can be used along with Real Tracks. But Nothing and I mean Nothing beats BIAB, Tom
Originally Posted By: David Snyder
Also, in addition to what I just asked, I have an insight:

There has been some WICKED cool stuff on this forum in the past year and everybody's stuff just keeps getting more and more over the top.

It's like people are listening to one another and going "Ok, check this out then..." smile

If that is what is happening, I totally dig it. It's both funny and exciting.

I get the distinct impression that the members of this forum are spurring one another one--and that's exactly how it should be!!!

smile

I also have an insight. If there is competition going on here, it is the music that wins!