floyd and Greg,

I think I'm losing my mind! I was so sure that I'd responded to this post! Tonight, when I popped back for another listen, I discovered that I'm not in there.

This is a great song.... but then aren't all the songs that you both post! Is this greater than the rest? I don't know. What I do know, though, it that this is really friendly on the ears.

The hook is very inventive. I also love the lines "beauty's in the eye of the beholder with women an art". As I see it, this is really clever lyric writing. Adding the 'with' prepositional phrase takes what is essentially a cliche and parks it in new territory. As a result, there is nothing cliche sounding about the lines at all. I've made a note of this strategy smile I know I'll find a use for this somewhere along the way!

Also, the bridge does its job really well. The go/soul nearly-rhyme appealed to me. It left the lyrics of the bridge unresolved and then, when the musical interlude took over, the net result was that I was left pondering with all the imagery that you created playing in my head like a movie. The effect you have achieved with this pairing of words coupled with the musical break is, with all sincerity, outstanding.

All in all.... very, very enjoyable!
Noel

P.S. The overall sound is just "Wow!"... from top to bottom this is quality music!

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024