Hello to all,

Every so often I try to step out of my comfort zone and do something a little different. The result, in this case, is a Country Christian Rock song.

There is a phenomenon going on currently called “pay it forward.” The premise is, if you do something good for someone else, you pay it forward and good comes back to you. For example, it is not uncommon when traveling through the San Francisco Bay Bridge to be told by the toll agent that the car in front paid your bridge toll. I have seen people in the grocery store give their change to the person behind them, etc. The premise is lacking in some respect as there should be no Quid Pro Quo when helping someone. We should give freely when we can, without any expectation of receiving something in return, but… I digress.
I have received many blessings over my life that I don’t necessarily think I deserved. Conversely, there have been some consequences that I did deserve, yet some escaped receiving. I have questioned this often while at the same time understanding that a thing is just what it is. Good things happen to bad people, and bad things happen to good people all the time, it's just the way things are.
Still, during my formative years, I was raised by Evangelical grandparents. While I have not remained in the church, I have maintained the faith, at least, tried. I can see and hear my grandmother praying regularly. People would come to visit, and she’d say, “Pray for us.” I recall thinking, “why is she asking people to pray for us, there’s nothing wrong.” She was praying it forward. She knew her children and grandchildren, no matter how well intentioned, given our human frailties would fall at some point by the wayside. She prayed it forward on our behalf. I for one am grateful.

So today I write the song Pray It Forward. I apologize up front as my jazz influence makes me slide into some of the notes, and I just can’t help it. I have changed my usual instrumentation, giving Miles Black, Neil Swainson and Terry Clarke a break. This time I use the RealBand Style: PJONBA, which I have modified quite a bit.
Also:
Acoustic Piano 1778- John Jarvis
701 Electric Bass – Tobin Frank
362 -Acoustic Guitar- Jason Roller
508- Electric Guitar Darin Favorite
Nashville Country Drums Brian Fullen
Synth Strings PopBeleive

PRAY IT FORWARD
Lord, let me say, a prayer today, to lend a helping hand
Let my words on High be heard, and I will do the best I can.
When into this world I came, you heard my mother’s plea
She prayed it forward in my name, and you remembered me.
Chorus:
So let me pray it forward, Lord and help someone else today.
Use me as you will for all the blessings I can’t repay.

Once my journey got too rough, worried, I couldn’t sleep.
But someone prayed it forward long enough, and you made the mountains climb less steep.
Chorus:
So let me pray it forward, Lord, and help someone else today.
Use me as you will for all the blessings I can’t repay.

Pray for children lost today, guide them Lord ‘till they find their way.
Help my neighbor, and lift up the poor, heal the sick, and Lord, please send the cures.
Help my brothers, help my sisters too, help all known Lord to you. Pray it Forward Lord to thee that we may live in peace and harmony.
Amen
(Pray it Forward to the Lord, Pray it Forward to the Lord.)

Play It Forward © Copyright Carolyne Swayze 2016 USA. All Rights Reserved.
BMI Registration 00541061493

https://soundcloud.com/carolyne-swayze/pray-it-forward

Last edited by Carolyne; 03/30/16 06:49 PM.