Originally Posted By: Islansoul
I do it the other way. If the song starts in 3/4, I use a 3/4 style, then I select the measure where 4/4 starts and highlight the range of bars and use the set time signature for a range of measures. Then, I chose 4/4 and I'm good to go. I did this with a song where it had one bar in 2/4 and it worked. It took a little effort to for BIAB to figure out to make that one measure 2/4 but it worked.

Re:
Quote:
"then I select the measure where 4/4 starts and highlight the range of bars and use the set time signature for a range of measures. Then, I chose 4/4 and I'm good to go"

So I interpret that you are saying that by choosing 4/4 you make a 3/4 style play 4 beats to the bar?

How do you do that? What steps do you use? In my version of BiaB (2016), if you tell a 3/4 style to play 4 beats it plays 3 beats. You can only lose one, not add one.

OK, reading and analyzing further, I'm presuming that you use 2 bars of 2/4 to make something that 'sounds' like one bar of 4/4. If that's the case, then how does the score look? It won't read correctly like one bar of 4/4.

And in any case, I think you've respectfully missed the complete point of these posts. To recap, change your song that has the 3/4 style to start (the first bar) with 2 beats (or 4 beats), then listen to the count-in. I suspect that you'll get 3 beats.

BiaB always plays the count-in based on the selected style, not the number of beats in the first bar. It's a long-term major design issue. I'm really hopeful that it's being resolved. (3,100+ views to date...)

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones