The pitch... the smack of wood against leather.... the crowd rises to its collective feet, cheering the home run...

Yeah, man.. that's exactly what this song needed! The lyrics are tailor made for a country demographic, and I was very surprised when the original version wasn't more like this.. and even more surprised when the subsequent version strayed even farther from country.

And you do country so well... you know where to pause and where to rush the phrasing for a more natural delivery.

A lot of otherwise good ballads suffer from a cheezy ending, but this ending is just phenomenal! I bet that didn't happen on the first generation of the pedal steel real track!

And don't apologize for resurrecting the song yet again.. it is an exceptional tune.. IMO one of David's very best in terms of lyric writing. Between David's familiarity with bible belt thinking and your familiarity with writing songs that blow the listening experience out of the water, I really think this song has commercial appeal. People in the traditional south are upset by the direction the world is taking, and I believe this song would be very well received.

Janice, as always, adds her magic to the mix, thereby making sure there are no little windows in the song where nothing spectacular is happening. Everywhere she chimes in, its like somebody sprinkling glitter and rainbows. Shiny stuff. Good stuff.

so, wow! Great collaboration! I love to hear an idea resolve as well as that one did!