Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
Josie,
as soon as I saw your named attached to "Just A Closer Walk", I knew I was going to love it (and I was right)

First of all, you know I love your beautiful voice! And two of your strengths are jazzy songs and songs of faith... so this was a slam dunk!

In the past when I've tried to use horns in an arrangement I could never get them sounding as natural as you have them in this song... This really sounds like a professional arrangement!

I think it was a good creative choice to dip into the public domain for this one... it's a beautiful time honored bit of music and you really did a nice job with it!

The only nit is that your voice is kinda sexy and in the context of this song, it makes me feel guilty for enjoying it so much. But that says more about me than it does about the song.

Great job! Glad to see you posting again! Another in a long line of musical successes!

Thank you Pat. You are so thoughtful and detailed in your reviews. Just as you are with the wonderful work you do in your cartoons and in your music. I can see why you're such a crowd pleaser in your live shows. Yes, I've seen the videos. Loved them. I'd hire you.