Floyd, David and Janice, congratulations! Great collaboration. I can only agree with all of the comments above. Each element of the song from the lyrics to vocals to production all comes together beautifully in a classic country format.

I'd like to throw something out there. It just so happens that last night I watched a video by a songwriter-to-the stars Ralph Murphy. I'm sure many of you have heard of him. Amongst many other opinions about making #1 country singles (the context for this discussion because as people have mentioned this song is in that territory) he insists that the song needs to empower the singer. In other words it needs to firmly place the singer in a positive, almost heroic light. I wonder if the lyrics here do that? In light of Murphy's advice I would be inclined to bend the song more towards redemption, or at least acknowledgement of past wrongdoing so that there is hope of reconciliation with the ex. It could simply be in the final verse - nothing radical required. I wonder how much you value Murphy's advice. A lot of his suggestions are new to me (not really being interested in #1s).