The Secret Sauce Revealed:

Hey thanks for the nice comments everybody. For those who wanted to know how this was done, I have some source material. In the drop box with my user tracks I put the organ part in both Finale and Midi. The instrument in Garritan/GPO5 is "full organ." For Finale users it should open right up. This part I had to play myself of course.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/y4ujowwpqh5y42t/AABnCcRP8YYL6ydXzoebe2Nza?dl=0

This Rick Wakeman style part moves fast and goes against the BIAB backing tracks--kinda sorta you have two keys stacked on top of one another. The song is in C, but this part is playing in a ringing G modality--basically G7sus and Dm7 with a few odd notes--the G Bass note operating as a pedal throughout. This is what creates the momentum.

Over that, I am playing a hollow body electric with a riff that is in A minor, basically doing a lot of pull offs starting on the A on the 10th fret and walking down, hammering on the third and fourth string around the fifth fret then working my way back up. That creates the swirl. I laid out the entire composition in one Chorus in BIAB and killed most of the other instruments except for drums and bass until the opening is over, and then the whole band kicks in in that Starlit style (Xtra style.) The drum pattern is reversed. The intro uses a Chorus pattern (green) and the next section follows with a Verse drum pattern (blue) switching back and forth. One half of your brain is insisting the song is going Chorus Verse Chorus while the other half insists it is Verse Chorus Verse. That is when the hallucination kicks in.

The rest is just 4 separate vocal tracks doing a different melody with one "main" vocal track.

Anyway, with the Xtra styles and some homemade playing, it is possible to get that prog rock sound. It's fun. Give it a whirl!!

smile