John,

I am going to have to agree with Herb on this one, record your audio in the Real Band DAW which you already have as a BIAB owner. The beauty of Band in a Box is that that Real Band will open a BIAB file, once you have your instruments and song in place.

But record the audio on Real Band to a mono track by right clicking on the number of the track and selecting mono as your source. Also go into options/preferences/audio and select your input channel. (Normally left or right.) All screenshots below.

Another indispensable free tool is Audacity, which allows you to do a lot of nifty auto editing after creating a file on a track in Real Band and exporting it (rendering/saving track to file).

You can also load the free G-Snap plug-in to both Audacity and Real Band which is a great free pitch correction VST. Just google audacity and G-Snap and follow directions. Load/save .dll into both Audacity folder and RB folder. To load free VSTs in Audacity, follow instructions on Audacity website. It is really easy.

To load VSTS in Real Band: If you click on the triangle beside a track in Real Band it will open a dialogue called edit VST which will allow you to add your VSTs of choice one time, and then remember them forever. This is a stage you should master in your recording career. This is where it all goes down. smile

The most frequent audio editing tool I use in Real Band is gain change, and the most frequent tools I use in Audacity are compression and normalization.

Also, if you are ever trading vocal files between one DAW and another and you get the chipmunk effect, you simply have a sample rate issue and Audacity will fix it for you. Just open that .wav file and in Audacity and save it again as a Windows .wav (if you are using windows) and it will now work in any scenario--at least to my experience.

If you get used to all of these tools they will change your life.

Have fun.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
RB Audio Effects.png (383.03 KB, 98 downloads)
Audio Track Mono.png (264.88 KB, 97 downloads)
Audacity.png (115.62 KB, 98 downloads)