Hi Thomas. I'm no expert but am happy to share what I did.

2. I opened a new project in RB and imported the track.

I.e. opening a *.*GU-file? No. I opened a new RB file and imported the audio. I did not open the saved BIAB file.

3. Using the average tempo determined from BIAB, I set the tempo to 103 and recorded a Click track.

I.e. the average tempo that the ACW in BB showed? Yes. There is a difference between the precision of the ACW in BIAB and RB. RB is more precise. I began the project in BIAB because it generates tracks faster and I also only needed a rough estimation where to set the tempo in RB. I could have started the project in RB with the click track but I experimented with the Xtra Styles in BIAB first to see if the song was suitable for the project. I came back to BIAB and reviewed the files some more before making the final decision on which Xtra Style to use.

Click track with setting bars and/or beats? bars

Did you then realign the music according to the click track? Or did you do this at #5 including stretching of the audio? I aligned the song with the click track.

Sometimes one gets the message about reconsolidating and this sometimes is a happening with the wav moving to a new bar position … Have you had this? Yes. I consolidate the file.

4. I opened the RB ACW and tweaked the tempo map and imported the song and chord progression into RB.
Preserving chords and part markers and just adjusting the bar-settings? Yes, preserved the chords and part markers. I did this step to get a more precise and accurate tempo map for the whole song. After deleting the original acoustic guitar and edited out the bleed through of the guitar on the vocal track, I added some chords, changed a few chords and added some pauses to make the melody more interesting.

5. I did this twice before I was satisfied with the accuracy of the tempo. Once I was satisfied, I changed the tempo and stretched the audio to a fixed tempo of 102.
I.e. two runs within the same session with RB ACW? Yes. I imported the file into RB after the first run through the ACW and the exported to the ACW and tweaked the bars some more.

Changing to the average tempo of ACW in RB? Yes. Once I felt I had the tempo the best the ACW would accomplish, the file and tempo map were imported into RB and I opened the tempo map and deleted it and set the tempo at a fixed 102 bpm which was more accurate than the tempo determined in BIAB.

Stretching with the Time stretch and Pitch shift command? Yes. There won't be any issue with RealTracks, Super Midi or Midi files generating to the fixed tempo. The audio was time stretched and pitch shifted prior to generating the RealTracks.

I did more than what is normally necessary with my project because there was such a wide variance in the tempo range. 99-105.

With properly recorded audio you most times only need to do the click track in RB in order to generate a Style or add RealTracks. With this song, the drums were unuseable with just the click track as drums/percussion is a big part of the style. The speeding up and slowing down was very noticeable and distracting and also the syncing was off. I needed to have a fixed tempo to make this style work, thus I had to take additional steps.

Last edited by Charlie Fogle; 08/31/16 04:36 PM.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.