Sweet Eyes

I created this song from a stereo scratch track recorded in 1992. I decided to attempt a complete demo using only BIAB/RB with one of the new Xtra Styles. The original is a very rough audio recording done without a click track or metronome and the tempo varied from 99-105 bpm in the initial Audio Chord Wizard tempo map.
I accepted the challenge to see if I could create a decent recording maintaining the original vocal track and use vocals from the original track to create harmonies using the TC Helicon feature as well as some backing vocals.
I worked with Band in a Box, RealBand, the new click track feature and the Audio Chord Wizard to even the tempo to a fixed 102 bpm and then created a backing track with one of Band in a Box's new Xtra Styles and added effects, harmonies and mixed the tracks in RealBand. I started a discussion in the forum and first felt the song was not worthy of entry into the XTRA Styles contest due to the low quality of the original audio recording. A thread about my production notes can be found in the Recording, Performance and Production Forum. That discussion includes a link to an earlier version of the song prior to finishing the mix and a portion of the original recording is attached to the end of that song for those interested in seeing the dramatic difference the final mix is from the original. Production Notes Thread
All effects, processing, editing and mixing of the original audio was done in RealBand and all of the harmonies and backing vocals were taken from the original vocals and processed in RB and TC Helicon.
Title: Sweet Eyes
Key=D , Tempo 102, Length (m:s)=3:10
Style is _INSPIRE.STY (Inspire Cheery Indie Pop)
RealTracks in style: 1253:Bass, Electric, PopShiningHeld Ev 120
RealTracks in style: 1262:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm PopShiningHeld Ev 120
RealTracks in style: ~405:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Ev 120
RealTracks in style: 634:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm PopAmericanMuted Ev 120 (B:8ths)
Loop in Style: House-Techno-Trance\House - crunchy_120_b drums ev16.wav
RealDrums in style: MetalSlowBigTomGroove: a: Toms, Snare b: Busy Big Toms, Snare

Last edited by Charlie Fogle; 09/01/16 05:59 PM.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.