Originally Posted By: David Snyder
Charlie,

This is a great.

What I particularly love--of all things--and I know this sounds strange--is the drum sound and the effect you are using on the left guitar (electric.) Straight off a U2 album. How did you do that? Can your share your fx recipes for those tracks?

smile

Thanks for listening (and closely I might add)

All effects were from RB stock effects.

Drums - accessed by the FX button on the track
Guitar - accessed by right clicking the track, selecting Audio Effects then select Compressor

EDIT: I forgot to finish the guitar effects. I found that specific guitar track to be repetitious so in an area in the verse and another in the chorus, I changed the major chord to a minor and minor 7th to force a variation and that is what produced the U2 effect you hear. I thought it was a very pleasant changeup. The change in the chords were c to Am7 and after the A7 pause, used a Bm instead of the D major.

Hope this helps and I'm looking forward the hearing a little of "The Edge" from you soon.

Charlie

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Drums.JPG (170.28 KB, 77 downloads)
guitar.JPG (177.12 KB, 77 downloads)
Last edited by Charlie Fogle; 09/02/16 08:37 AM.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.