Originally Posted By: David Snyder
Hey Charlie,

I was just trying to say Audacity is a nice extra tool to use, and has some useful features that's all.

Didn't you mention in a previous post that you often do compression and normalizing in Audacity or was that someone else? I thought it was you--could have sworn it was.

I got it from one of you guys.

Anyway, I guess everyone has their own way of doing stuff.

You are right. That was me. I wasn't attempting to put off the use of Audacity but just to expand on the virtues of RB. I use compression and normalization on mp3's in Audacity to make playlists have a more uniform output, and to trim beginnings and ends, label tracks, and much more. My brother swears by Audacity and that is his main DAW.

On a recent Blog of The Recording Revolution of Graham Cochran, Graham featured a guy who recorded a song in his car and used Audacity as his DAW.

I use Audacity and like it and did not mean to diminish Audacity in any way. It's very convenient and useful but most of the effects I mentioned in RB such as the vocal presets and harmonizer are features not found in Audacity.

I mentioned the duplicate features only in relation to the mix adjustments made necessary when adding some presets that require adjustments to the ongoing mix. No need to export, tweak and import to Audacity in those situations.

Charlie

Last edited by Charlie Fogle; 09/06/16 06:13 PM.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.