Originally Posted By: tommyad
f&D, This is the sound of modern country. That steel is a great real track! The drums are absolutely killer! Top notch lyrics and arrangement as well as vocals. A brilliant collab and it's good to see you are both drinking the same kool-aid. Loved everything about this. Tom

Thanks, Tom... we're just trying as best we can to keep up with you..

Originally Posted By: 44kfl
This one deserves a lot of replays, there's like a great sweet spot when then song reaches the title line. The melody and the chords just open up and soar. I agree with all that's being said here, except no solo needed. This is a learning opportunity for me, great
skills at work here.

Kenny

Nice of you to say, Kenny...

Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Nice collaboration! Modern country at it's best in my opinion.

P.S. Floyd, I noticed in the song description that you are using loops from Drums on Demand. If you don't mind my asking, are you using BIAB to add these loops to the song, or do you use your DAW and add them after the fact?

(I am so out of the loop when it comes to this stuff, pardon the pun :P)

We appreciate that, Dave. We were, in fact, trying for as "modern" a sound as we could find.... The "loops" are mixed in the DAW - Studio One Professional is what I use - it has an option to stretch any added audio to the selected tempo, so everything fits/works. It's really more "sections" than what one would traditionally call "loops". I use BIAB loops occasionally - like for my Hand Claps - things that really loop repetitively. This is more selecting sections and piecing them together until you have built a performance (like a drum track).