Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Really catchy tune!! Very nice changes, and some cool lyrics. You have a real knack for melody. For me, the vocal seems too buried in the mix. You sing really well, and I would bring it up 2-4 db. I also feel the arrangement is a bit busy at times. Love the song!! Take care. Greg

Thanks a lot Greg for your comments. I think the same as you about the vocals being buried. It was weird with this song - I spent ages and ages adjusting the relative levels. I would increase one thing which caused something else to be buried. I even tried sidechain compression so that the vocals reduced the levels on the guitar tracks when they kicked in but couldn't get it to sound natural. I also agree about the how busy the song is in places. I think the _SALOON Style is excellent but you have to separate the RTs and not use them all at once! There may well be a version 2 of this song before too long smile

Originally Posted By: Will B - PG Music
Rec, caught this one first thing this morning and loved it, only getting around to saying something now. All your songs have a real "arena singalong" feel to them, and I love the guitar solo at the end of this one too smile

Cheers Will B smile Glad you enjoyed this one too and thank you for your positive comments. My other Xtra Style competition entries were mostly about sad or unhappy things so I wanted a more upbeat feel to this one that people could sing along to.

All the best,
Rec

BIAB 2022 UltraPAK, CbB, Studio One 5 Pro, Fender USA Tele, Harley Benton Fusion & others.