I'm a solo steel pan musician, meaning that when I do gigs it's just me, my instrument and my backings tracks. Before I got Band-in-a-Box, I was either given backing tracks from my music teacher, the midi file for the backing track. leadsheet books with CDs of backing tracks, or I made the parts myself in Pro Tools. My teacher mentioned that I get Band-in-a-Box, but I didn't really think about getting it, untill about last year when I got the Band-in-a-box 2014 MegaPak for Mac. I wasn't sure what to expect from it, since it was my first time using it. After getting some of the Real Tracks and Real Drums I was hooked. No longer whould I have to play to some cheesy karioke sounding tracks or waste hours imputing every note in my DAW, I have done backing tracks of full steel band arragment where I wrote every parts out note for note, every again. Thanks to the Real Tracks, all I need to do is select the style I want input the chords, I use a ton of lead sheets, and I know I have backing tracks that sound as if real musicians are playing with me. However, there are sometimes when I have to use MIDI and virtual isntruments for when Band-in-a-Box just doesn't work for a song, but for the most part, it does the job. In fact, I'm thinking about using to help others who gig out or need demos.

Last edited by Islansoul; 10/24/16 05:19 AM.

Computer: Macbook Pro, 16 inch 2021
DAWs: Pro Tools, Logic, and Maschine
plays drums, percussion, bass, steel pan, keyboard,
music producer/engineer