Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
Stunning song and great background story. Enjoyed your concept.

I've had an old tape of my Mom and her sisters playing 'Cotton eyed Joe' back in 1957 at the old homeplace in the mountains where they all were raised. I've given thought since I've been using BIAB to trying to do something with it the same as you've done here but no inspirational lyrics have ever escaped the maze of my muddled mind.

Being able to relate to the authenticity of your song made my listening that much more enjoyable.

Impressive write and production.

Charlie

Charlie, do it. I put this off for a long time because of the same reason. We even created a completely different version of it years ago that I never liked. Finally, I said it's gonna happen. Your tape is priceless. We need to hear it sometime! Thanks for the kind remarks. It means a lot.

J&B

Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
Bud and Janice,

I always love your songs... but I think I like the write-ups about what led you to write the songs every bit as much!

Once again, This proves your amazing ability to whip automated tracks into a form that flows the way a live band would likely play the song. I hate that I missed the era when you and Janice were playing live on stage... but I'm glad that I haven't missed what you're doing here on the user showcase. Kudos to both of you for your separate and combined talents.

Pat, it is GREAT to hear from you. We thought about you and your love of Merlefest while we were working on the song. Thank you very much for the taking the time to both listen and comment. I'm particularly excited that you feel we captured the live band feel. We know you have listened to a lot of live music. Thanks again!

J&B