Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
Loved the mix and the production. That part of this is stellar and so freaking clean.

The song... hummmm... seems unfinished to me. It repeats the same verse and the verses and chorus(?) end musically with an unfinished feel. The chords leave it hanging. Without going back to point where or to the specifics, let me just say at this point..... It just feels to me like it's not finished...

You probably don't agree and that's fine.

Herb, I alluded to the song structure being different knowing that it wouldn't work for everybody so I have no issue at all with your observations. FWIW the structure is similar to a song I recently heard:

https://youtu.be/fSE31VmJf9Q

Intro > chorus > short verse 1 >solo > chorus > short verse 2 > solo > abbreviated chorus > outro

So it starts with the chorus and has two distinct short verses that follow each chorus (more like refrains to the chorus) and then ends with the first and last lines of the chorus. Weird? I guess so. Nothing ventured and all that stuff smile Thanks for commenting on the mix and production...I worked harder than usual on that. The guitar solo alone is comped from three tracks. The first two notes of the steel intro and the last half of the last bar are all comped. So if that seemed seamless I'm a happy ole guy.

Bud