Originally Posted By: PeterF
Steve,
Really nice mix nice melody and a very pleasant listen.
Hope you feel better - sounds like it was hard going a phrase at a time!
A good listen.

Peter

Thanks so much, Peter! It was a challenge at times for sure. I am starting to feel better. Thanks for your kind words.

Originally Posted By: Scott C
Glad you are feeing better. excellent vocal. Guitars gave nice edge to your backtrack

Thank you, Scott. Glad you like this one. I also enjoyed the Realtrack guitars.

Originally Posted By: rsdean
Steve,

Sorry to hear you have not been feeling well - hopefully you are getting past that...

Great sound - love the rhythmic feel. Your vocal sounds great as well. I would never have known that you built this phrase by phrase.

Excellent job!

Bob

Thanks so much, Bob! Always appreciate hearing from you! Seems like I recall reading somewhere that it took George Jones almost a year to record all the vocals on "He Stopped Loving Her Today" because he was so drunk every time he went in to record. Apparently piecing together the vocals paid off for him on that song. Thankfully, he was set free from his alcohol abuse a few years before he passed. I'm thankful it didn't take me a year to put this one together! (And that I wasn't too drunk to sing any of it. smile )

Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
I like the song. Nice job on the tracks too.

It has a smooth easy groove to it, a nice country rocker.

This one is my favorite from you to this point.

Loved that crunchy disto guitar at the start and in the modulation. It floated nicely under the music bed.... yep!

Thank you very much, Herb. Your generous comments mean a lot to me. This song has a special meaning to me, as it was written to encourage a very special friend of mine who is in the midst of a very tough battle in/for his life. Glad you like it.

=====

Steve

Steve Young
Music
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of." - Robert Schumann