Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Beautifully done Steve!! Your songs and production are always so well done, and this is no exception. Everything works. Enjoyed this a lot!! Take care. Greg

Thanks, Greg! Glad you enjoyed it!

Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Steve, I loved your song. It has such a warm loving vibe to it! The vocal sounds cohesive (like you recorded it in a day). That chorus is beautiful with a great message. I pray the coming year finds you healthy and able to work on your music pain free!! Thanks, Torrey

Thank you, Torrey. I'm glad the vocals didn't come out pieced together. I really appreciate your kind words, and prayers. I am getting stronger every day!

Originally Posted By: David Snyder
Great song Steve. Loved it! Excellent mix.

David, always good to hear from you! Glad you like this one!

Originally Posted By: Biglad
loved it ,how do you get the drums to sound so good there brill.
loved the lyric and top class vocal

Thanks, Biglad. I appreciate you taking the time to listen and comment on this one. As to the drums, as I recall, I use a touch of compression, and use a trancient shaper plugin from Waves (very subtly) to bring just a little more pop out of the drums. I think there is an almost imperceptible (is that really a word?) amount of reverb to get them to sit right back into the mix. Then I attempt to get the bass to interact at the right level with the drums to set the right groove for the song and then build the rest of the instrumentation to fill out the song on that foundation. (Very oversimplified explanation.) Hope that helps.

=====

Steve

Steve Young
Music
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of." - Robert Schumann