Originally Posted By: Noel96
David and Chris,

You've launched yourselves into orbit with this one. It's fantastic! I thoroughly enjoyed everything about it. The drums intro is a perfect choice to lead the way into such a great blues sound.

Chris - your singing sounds so very comfortable and it's easy to tell that you're enjoying every minute of your performance. My favourite lyrics are those non-word syllables....very creative, and very effective to listen to!

All the best,
Noel

Thanks very much, Noel smile

I love the non-word syllables too. Most of the time the way Chris and I work is I will come up with the basic idea for the music bed, verses, chorus, bridge, etc., and will build a basic bed that I send over to her. She then starts developing the vocal melody and lyrics and I may then change the basic bed if needed to work with the lyric flow she needs.

In this particular song she had only written a couple of lines for the verse but she wanted me to hear what the vocal melody sounded like to make sure I liked it, so the demo she sent back had all these non-word syllables in it, and I thought it sounded fantastic! So, I asked her if she could incorporate some of that into the final write, which she did.

Thanks again, very much appreciated!