Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Originally Posted By: 44kfl

...You set the bar here for me and you make it a lot more fun
I always try to write a better song to raise my personal bar
but I don't feel competitive, I feel more of a brotherhood.
I may not write this well but you inspire me to always try
for better, There are others here that inspire and motivate
but you're the one that drew me here with great writing and
singing just like this.

Kenny

Kenny stated that so well and it is amazingly reflective of our feelings. The growth (I hope) of our writes and productions are absolutely a result of our collabs with you and Tommy.

Happy birthday you two!

You have an always impressive way of breathing new life into themes of heartache. This is no exception. And then to pull it off with two verses and a chorus. Your write, vocal, BiaB band, production and Tom's guitar just shout "real deal!"

J&B

I always enjoy your reviews! IT is a wonderful family we have here, eh?

Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
I don't know if this answer is timely... probably not... but happy birthday to both of you! Two good people and great song writers!

Lots to like here, but a few quick observations before I rush out the door:

I like whatever it is you do to draw the snare out like that. It makes a real difference

I liked the use of the adjective EMPTY as a noun. It adds enough cognitive dissonance to make the line unique, and by using an uncommon grammatical construction it increases the likelihood that the line isn't a song writing cliche.

Nice guitar solo ... but that's almost redundant, since we already know it's by Tommy! (I couldn't tell what he played on the acoustic)

I like the very country-esque idea of a hole the size of (what else?) Texas!

And I like the use of metaphor to ask a question... indeed, why are some things so easy to lose while others are impossible? It might lead to some introspection... or not... but at least the seed is planted. I think that one function of art is to symbolically ask questions, and this song does that.

Hi, Pat! Always a delight to see you drop by... and like J&B's reviews, I always enjoy reading what you have to say about a song (both write and production). The snap of the snare in this one is mostly because of the RealDrum itself - DrivingPop8ths - one of the new Shannon Forrest tracks - they seem to be recorded with a bit more "pop". I drop a Presonus preset for stereo drum tracks on it and then "leave it alone"... Thanks for noting the use of "empty". Always nice to have people pick that kind of thing up. Tom's work on this was icing. (the acoustic is the little signature lick that begins the song and repeats throughout)...."a hole the size of Texas" is where the song began - the phrase occurred to me ad seemed a natural for a Country heartache song... Thanks for a delightful review...