You can start songs with a footswitch using the Band-in-a-Box Jukebox feature!

Set up playlists (without changing the names of songs) by doing the following:

1. On the default Chord Sheet view, click on the bottom half of the Song button then on Favorite Songs (or just enter Shift + F3; I find that easier).
2. Use the buttons on right (Append, Insert, Up, Down, etc.) to arrange the set as desired. No numbers before song titles are needed.
3. Save the set (all you have to do is name it). To load it later, just click on "Load Set" and select the desired set.

Then play these songs in the Jukebox mode by clicking on the bottom button on the right side of the same Favorite Songs dialog box ("Juke..."), make sure the box for "Random Order Playback" is unchecked, and then "Play Jukebox" on the dialog box that pops up. I use an automatic pause after each song by going to Prefs>Arrange, and make sure the box is checked beside "Pause Play Until MIDI or Key received".

I use a single USB footswitch to start each song whenever I'm ready; songs will automatically load and wait for your command to begin playing. You can order a programmable USB footswitch for about $39 plus shipping from Delcom at http://www.delcomproducts.com/productdetails.asp?productnum=803650. It works great.

You do need to make a shortcut to the footctrl.exe and place the shortcut in your startup folder. To directly access this folder, open Run, type "shell:startup" and hit Enter (or press the Windows key, type "shell:startup" and hit Enter).

In BIAB Prefs, I have the spacebar set to "Play from start." I program the footswitch to replicate the spacebar.

Good luck!

Last edited by 1manband; 04/26/17 05:40 AM.

Jim
Psalm 33:3 Sing unto him a new song; play skillfully with a loud noise.

BIAB 2018 build 519; Dell Inspiron N4110, Windows 10 64 bit, Intel Core i3-2350m running at 2.29 GHz, Memory: 6 GB DDR3, SDRAM 1MHz