I recorded this song before back in 2001, but I had done all the instruments myself, So I wanted to see how it would sound using BIAB and RB. The song has a kind of strange beginning. I know all of us at one time or another have had lines from a song kind of hang in our mind, sometimes for days. This was one of those times. It was driving me nuts, and I could not remember when or where I had heard it. The line was just these words. "I hear the sound of distant drums." I could not place where it came from or what brought it to mind. I finally called a friend from a radio station where I had had A radio show for a time. I sang the line to him and he knew of the song. I asked him to play it on his show so I could hear the entire thing. He did, but to be honest, I really didn't like the song all that much, although I was a fan of Jim Reeves, and still am. Most of the time after you have in your mind the full melody and lyrics to a song, the obsession with the one line or verse goes away. This time it didn't. I fought back by writing my own adaptation of that one line. This song was born from that little adventure. The words and melody are different, except for that one line. I used it in a different context and location in the song but I retained it as sort of a bow to Jim's version. I wouldn't want to take anything away from his legacy. To that end I would never release this commercially without permission, although I don't know if you can copyright a single line. I thought I would share it here, to see what you would think. Hope you like it.
[Link no longer valid]

Last edited by Andrew - PG Music; 08/24/20 12:15 PM.