Years ago I was asked to fill in for a sound guy friend, Ted. The gig paid a measly $150 and was outdoors, Jazz On The Green, at a popular golf resort just off the patio of their main restaurant. The tables and chairs were set up outside. It was suppose to be a small quite gig with 3 different bands and a solo singer for 2 hours. When I asked what system I would be using and what I needed to bring I was specifically told they do not use monitors, there are no monitors and I did not need to bring any monitors. So I brought small monitors and placed 'em where I thought would be most useful. That was my mistake.
All the band members but one, a locally popular sax player that I did not even know was suppose to be there, showed up on time for a sound check. Every thing is going great until about the 2nd hour when this sax player walks in and steps on the stage as one of the bands is getting ready. I go along with it and at the beginning of the second song he asks over the PA for some reverb in his monitor. So I add a little reverb. Third song he gets a little testy, looks over at me sort of side-stage and through the Mic says out loud. I told you I need some reverb in my monitor. As soon as he starts to play I start adding a little more reverb which I think sounds good in the PFL and mains. Forth song he starts getting mad at me from the stage. So, I walked up to the stage to have a quick side bar with him about his needs. He leans down to hear me ask him what is missing, then stands up to the mic and says really loud; "I just need you to do your damn job". So I downed out his entire channel, monitor and mains with extreme reverb amount and really bad predelay. Oh, but only after he started playing a few notes. I never looked up to acknowledge him from the booth again. He sounded pretty bad, looked pretty bad and the predelay did a good job of throwing him off time. I could see and feel him peering at me angrily as he played.
Later I told Ted about it and he thought it was funny. Ted then told why this guy deserved it. He was a pretty popular sax player and a really good one. One time Ted had rented a really expensive piano for a jazz event. This same sax player shows up late after sound check is over. Throws his beat up sax case on top of the black shiny freshly polished grand piano and starts to open it. Ted immediately asked him not to put it there and explained how expensive the grand piano was. So, the sax player, looking the other way, reaches back to grab the case and drags if off across the top of the piano obviously on purpose. It left 3 big gouges 10 - 15 inches long. Ted luckily broke even that day after paying his insurance deductible.
So, suck buttons can be useful for revenge too.

Does the noise in your head bother me ?