Great work Samuel.

That is exactly what I am talking about. That is the FIRST 20 to 30 minutes just like I said. Basic bed done. Samuel, thanks for doing the work for me man. smile Good job!

My quick tutorial was just to show ONE potential starting point.

To Samuel's response, BIAB simply gives you 80% or more of the sounds you will hear out there in the world today. "Modern" changes every day as a definition but right now it's about bass, kits drums mixed with loops, lots of cuts and splices, interesting arrangements where stuff keeps changing, sparse instrumentation, killer synth riffs and a lot of experimentation.

The other 20% comes in when you play you own riffs, on any instrument--most often synth or guitar. Acoustic is really big right now. People are taking a break on electric in most areas outside of country, at least for this month. Kind of a joke, but the days of 20 minute electric solos and guitar dominated music are over.

Experimentation means you have to work your butt off. Beck probably spends two days just finalizing the INITIAL percussion bed on a song. Maybe more.

You can't expect BIAB to have a style that you can just pull up and all of a sudden sound modern. If you do the "let me just find a style" thing then you WILL have a classic backing track which is the best they can do for you in this known universe. If you want to sound like an artist or "modern" you have to take the BIAB track, samples and loops into your DAW and work, work, work like a dog. It's what everyone else does.

I was just showing the very beginning of the work flow and one very simple example. Simple on purpose. The rest is up to you and your imagination.

It's what music is about.

Peace out.