Originally Posted By: Al-David
Hi Robert,

What a truly beautiful pop-folk song. Brilliant lyric and Janet's voice is the perfect addition. The backing tracks and their mix is as good as it gets.

This is a totally delightful listen. COngrats you and all involved. Again ... gorgeous song.

Alan

Alan,
Thanks very much for this;I often do lots of revision on the lyrics, but this one was quick so I`m glad you liked them.
I knew, of course that Janice would, sing very close to the lead and she nailed it in one take.

Robert

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Robert,

Great job on this - in all regards.

An interesting write - as your songs so often are... poetry... excellent prosody throughout... although I do not understand all the references, they fall on my ear well - and will likely reveal their meaning in time.

Excellent instrumentation. One of your best. Just enough. Not too much. Allows the lyric/vocals to shine.

The vocals are super. You are at your best here. Like a Rod McKuen record. Janice's harmonies are perfectly supportive (and never "taking the spotlight") - perfect.

This is Poetic Music at it's best.

fj

Thank you, Floyd!
My request to Bud and Janice was that the harmony be close to duet levels ( well the song is about brothers & sisters) and am very happy with the result.
There is one very "English" reference in the lyrics - The Once And Future King is a book about King Arthur probably not well known in the US ... our games were as often Knights and Damsels as Cowboys and Indians.

Robert