HI all

As some of you know I made a Vsti for Yamaha xg lite voices available and a pat file a way back. I have been using this as my default synth, as I know some of you have .
I have had no problems with the 2substyle A&B type styles .and often use the editable midi drums instead of Realdrums.

Now for the rub its got me beat.
You will not have come across this if you use Realdrum automatic substitution.
Only if you change to midi drums and then only on styles that contain 4substyles A.B,C,D

I have had some problems when using my XG lite vsti with the 4 substyle styles, the drum track seems to forget it is on ch 10 and reverts to piano for standard drum kit.
Even the count in sounds piano once this occurs.
Replacing just the drum track synth with the coyote wt all is fine and the drums play as they should.

The trigger seems to be once you have evoked substyles C and or D all is fine and the drums sound on all substyles and the count in, UNTIL YOU REGENERATE OR CAUSE THE SONG TO REGENERATE BY MOVING BARS AROUND ETC
After this the drum track seems to forget it is supposed to be a drum track I am guessing it forgets its ch 10 mad

I have tried everything I can think of including using the Dgx pat file from BIAB
Which is XG lite set plus the Dgx ‘s panel voices just to eliminate my patch file,
No change, not surprised as my patch file does the job right up to the point of regeneration of the song.

I am extremely embarrassed about this and hope my VSTI has not caused any problems or head scratching for anyone but it does seem confined to the 4 substyle styles, so maybe it’s a PG problem .
You can work around by inserting the Coyote Wave table vst for just the drum track if you indeed want to use midi drums with these styles, and my XG lite vst as the defaut for the other voices

Any ideas out there.
Mike

Last edited by Mike Head; 11/16/17 01:21 PM.

BIAB2021 UltraPlus,AsusN55S1Tbssd, W10/64,Akai EIEpro
Yamaha CVP405,SquireStrat, CoolsoftVMidSynth
Novatation Impulse61 Ctr kbd, Cwalk blab Kontakt

http://mikesmusic.byethost16.com/